Last Update: June 28, 2018
Welcome to Seacrest Beach!
We are happy and excited that you have chosen our beach community to spend time relaxing and experiencing all that our area offers. We hope you enjoy our homes and condos, our amenities, and our nearby shopping and dining areas. To avoid problems and keep you informed during your stay, we have included an abridged list of Community and Pool Rules below that relate to our vacationing guests and homeowners. Please review these rules and feel free to contact a Seacrest Beach employee should you have any questions or concerns.
Community Rules (Abridged)
- Care of Visible Areas – Areas visible from the street and common areas must be clear of bicycles, grills, toys, and miscellaneous unsightly items. Items in open view must be stored neatly and not located in common areas. Beach towels may not be draped over outdoor railings.
- Outdoor Portable Grills – The use of portable metal charcoal grills is prohibited within the community. Fixed charcoal, gas, and electric grills are allowed, but must be placed over a fireproof surface and not in common areas, sidewalks, or parking spaces.
- Pets – All pets must be leashed and under the handler’s control when outside. Pets must not be a nuisance to other guests (aggressive, loud barking, etc) and owners must pick up and remove dog waste immediately. Pets are not allowed within the walls of the pool area, including the Amphitheater. Dog waste stations are located throughout the community for your convenience.
- Boats, Trailers, RVs, and Related Equipment – Boat and trailers not located within a closed garage are prohibited. Renter, owner, and guest vehicles over twenty-four (24) feet in length are also prohibited.
- Vehicle Safety – Speeding and reckless driving is prohibited. Vehicles must yield to pedestrians at all times. Do not park in reserved spaces, on private property, fire lanes or any location that blocks a driveway, streets or entrances to pool, walking trail, or other areas not designated as parking areas. Golf cart drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
- Garbage Containers/Schedule – Garbage must be placed inside a community-approved garbage can. No open garbage or multiple garbage bags will be taken to the street. Garbage days are Tuesday and Friday. Our maintenance staff will pull the garbage cans to the street on Mondays and Thursdays, and return them after the garbage trucks have serviced the community.
- Fireworks – Only devices approved and listed by the State Fire Marshall which emit a shower of sparks upon burning, do not contain any explosive compounds, do not detonate or explode, are hand held or ground based, cannot propel themselves through the air, and contain no more than 100 grams of the chemical compound that produces sparks upon burning are allowed. Any device that is not included in this list above is prohibited.
- Quiet Hours – Excessive noise or violation of the Walton County Noise Ordinance between 10pm and 7am is prohibited. Trespassing on private property, as well as the Lagoon Pool before or after operating hours is prohibited.
- Glass Containers – Littering or breaking glass on common areas or on member properties is prohibited. Glass of any kind is prohibited inside the pool and amphitheater areas.
- Curfew – Collectively, the 30A communities have a curfew of 10 pm for any unaccompanied person under the age of 18. This curfew will be enforced during Spring Break and as needed throughout the year. An emergency curfew of 8 pm may be enacted should the need arise.
- Operations – The Seacrest Tram runs 9am – 5:45pm every day from March through October to transport owners and guests from tram stops to and from the beach and pool. Please call the tram number (850) 259-6005 when you are at your designated tram stop.
- Tram – Please assist the tram driver if he/she requests a certain seating arrangement to balance the load and prolong the life of our trams. Drivers reserve the right to revoke riding privileges should riders continue to not adhere to community rules.
Lagoon Pool Rules (Abridged)
A full listing of pool rules, as required by the state of Florida, is located on signs around the pool. Below is an abridged listing:
- Pool Usage – All members of the Association, and their designated tenants, are entitled to use the Lagoon Pool facilities, provided there are no violations of community rules and no delinquency in membership dues.
- Amenity Wristbands – Upon check in please contact security (850-830-1657) to obtain wristbands and parking passes. Every person aged 13 years and older will need a wristband. Wristbands will be required for pool, tram, and beach access use.
- Swim at Own Risk – All persons using the pool facilities must do so at their own risk. There are no lifeguards on duty.
- Children – Children 12 years old and younger must be accompanied by a responsible person at least eighteen (18) years of age while in the pool area.
- Pool Hours – No person shall enter the pool facility outside of operating hours (9am – 9:45pm). Unauthorized persons found inside the pool area in non-operating hours may have their pool privileges revoked and may be prosecuted for trespassing.
- No Smoking – Smoking is not allowed in the pool area.
- Food and Drinks – Food and beverages may not be carried in the pool or along the pool walls. Breakable objects, such as glass, are not permitted inside the pool area.
- Intoxicated Guests – Intoxicated persons are not allowed in the pool areas at any time and may be subject to prosecution by the Walton County Sheriff’s Department.
- Throwing Objects – For safety of all guests, throwing any objects in the pool at any time is prohibited.
- Pets – No pets (except seeing-eye or certified assisted dogs) are permitted in the pool area.
- Flotation Devices – Flotation Devices including tubes greater than 42” in diameter and rafts larger than 30” x 80” are prohibited.
- Horseplay – Running, pushing, wrestling, dunking, standing, or sitting on another’s shoulders is prohibited. No screaming, profanity, or other boisterous behavior will be permitted in the pool area.
- Babies in the Pool – It is imperative that we not have babies and non-potty trained children in the pool without swim diapers! Children under 4 years of age are required to wear swim diapers at all times when in the pool. When there is a fecal accident in the pool, the pool must be closed down for a minimum of 18 hours, often 24. No one at the pool enjoys this, and we do not enjoy getting the angry phone calls and emails. This is a state law. It must be done and will be done EVERY time. We provide complimentary swim diapers in all bathrooms, so please use them. If you believe there is a slight possibility of an accident, USE A SWIM DIAPER. The pool MUST be closed each time this happens.
- Adult Swim – The last fifteen (15) minutes of every hour during pool operation will be Adult Swim only. Children twelve (12) years of age and younger must exit the pool during Adult Swim.
Golf Cart/Low Speed Vehicles
- Any person who drives a golf cart must possess, on their person, a valid operator’s license and be at least 16 years of age.
- All local and state traffic laws, including speed and stop signs, must be obeyed.
- Golf carts and LSVs are not allowed on sidewalks, walking paths, or inside any park/green space area within SCB and may only be parked in marked parking spaces.
- Golf carts may not carry more passengers than the maximum number for which the golf cart was designed and passengers must be seated while vehicle is in motion.
- Golf carts must be in safe operating condition including reflector lights and braking systems.
- Golf carts must be equipped with headlights, taillights, and windshield if operated between the hours of sunset and sunrise.
- Reckless driving or speeding is not permitted.
Seacrest and Sunset Beach Rules
North Side Owners and Guests access to walk to the beach or ride the Association Shuttle to the beach drop-off point. Everyone must stay on the sidewalk and access the beach around Building “B”(center condominium). Restroom access is in front of Building “B” (center condominium). Here are the guidelines for beach access:
- Wristbands must be worn to gain access to the beach. Upon check in please contact security (850-830-1657) to obtain wristbands and parking passes. Every person aged 13 years and older will need a wristband. Wristbands will be required for pool, tram, and beach access use.
- No wheeled traffic is allowed. This includes, but not limited to, rolling coolers, bicycles, wagons, skates, golf carts, skateboards, and scooters. Baby carriages and strollers are allowed as long as they are being used to transport a child.
- No pets
- No fireworks
- Everything must be carried to the beach, leaving nothing on the boardwalk or on the Sunset Beach property.
- Everything must be removed from the beach daily including chairs, beach equipment, etc.
- No access to the Sunset Beach pool or restroom facilities inside gated area (restroom access is in front of the center building)
- No personal boats, jet skis, sailboats, kayaks, etc. are allowed on the beach except through the exclusive beach vendor. Only single-person inflatable water toys/crafts allowed.
- No tents or canopies are allowed on the beach.
- Use sidewalks only – STAY OFF DUNES – They are protected by Florida law. You could be fined up to $10,000.00
- Quiet time begins at 10:00pm
For violations of the community and pool rules, unless there is a serious violation, each property will receive one warning per week. Further violations could result in owner notices, owner fines, possible local law enforcement involvement, and revocation of community privileges.
Hours and Contact Information
Lagoon Pool – Open 9am – 9:45pm. May be closed in inclement weather and emergency cleaning and maintenance. email@example.com
Seacrest Tram – In operation 9am – 5:45pm. March – October. Phone: 850-259-6005
Association General Information – Lee@scbhoa.com
South Walton Visitors Center – www.visitsouthwalton.com
We hope that you enjoy your stay at Seacrest Beach, thank you for taking the time to review this notice. Please let me or one of our staff know if we can help make your time with us even more enjoyable.